<-CLICK HERE FOR SCOOBY TECH. POSTS ONLY! CLICK HERE FOR GRAN TURISMO POSTS ONLY!->
1998 Impreza Turbo Project Car + Expanding WRX Knowledge Base!

Sunday 31 October 2010

Tyre Puncture Repair

A couple of months ago my dad spotted a screw in my n/s front tyre [why is it dads are so gifted at spotting stuff like that?! I bet he put it there!], but the tyre hadn't lost air so I soldiered on. Several weeks ago I checked the pressure again and it was down to about 15psi so I re-inflated it to 30psi and checked again a week later. The pressure had only dropped a few psi over the week, but I decided to act on it this weekend, rather than just keep on pumping it up.

A mate of mine recently had a tyre on his Vectra repaired for just £5 at a small tyre-centre in Wallasey, near where I work. I doubt I'd find time on my lunch break to get it done and its a 7 mile drive for me otherwise, so I decided to head to good old National where I bought the tyres as its only round the corner, although I didn't realise I'd end up paying nearly 4 times as much.

National did a repair on my dad's A4 estate not 2 years ago for a tenner, but today it set me back a cool £17.50 - Ouch! At least the tyre is fixed and to be fair to National they have 3 branches within 3 miles of where I live and the last few times I've been the service has been very quick - I had my Scooby keys back today in 10 minutes flat, so I guess you get what you pay for. http://www.national.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ScoobyLab + Propjam 2010/11