<-CLICK HERE FOR SCOOBY TECH. POSTS ONLY! CLICK HERE FOR GRAN TURISMO POSTS ONLY!->
1998 Impreza Turbo Project Car + Expanding WRX Knowledge Base!

Monday 6 December 2010

Snow Fun + Update

Well the snow and ice has worsened and brought all work on the car to a halt. I guess this is it until the new year, so I might as well focus on actually driving the thing... and thats one part of the snow and ice nightmare that we can console ourselves with!

I've been dying to donut and drift the Scoob around, but I daren't try it on the gravel car-park at work. It's a different story when its covered in ice though so I chucked it round for a few practice spins afterwards with Laney filming. If we get a good freeze tonight the car-park should be like an ice-rink so I'll have to try and get to work early one day and film some in the daylight!

And yes, this is completely private land with nobody around - the only thing I might harm is my back-tyres...



The Scooby's 4WD has been amazing on the ice - no wheelspins when pulling away and the grip on a wet/slushy roundabout is phenomenal. On the other hand, all this grip is not great if you just want to tit about throwing the back-end around, even on the ice. Spin all four wheels and the front wheels slide onwards with the back ones and it won't snap round easily. Even with less than half the horse-power and no LSD, the RWD Beemer was more giving on the ice when you chuck the back out, where the Scooby finds it hard to let go, so I've really had to put it into a tight handbrake before dumping the clutch. The handbrake was never good enough in the BMW to do that, even on ice, but no need - just drive in a circle normally until the back-end goes and enjoy!

It would seem that the mighty Subaru needs a bit more figuring out before I start attempting this on wet-roundabouts....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ScoobyLab + Propjam 2010/11