<-CLICK HERE FOR SCOOBY TECH. POSTS ONLY! CLICK HERE FOR GRAN TURISMO POSTS ONLY!->
1998 Impreza Turbo Project Car + Expanding WRX Knowledge Base!

Thursday 1 December 2011

GT5 : Endurance Race Thread

This thread contains a load of warble about my Endurance races:

Why do some Endurance Races have pit-crews and some don't? How come suspending the race and coming back in fixes any aerodynamic or mechanical defects with the car? It wouldn't be hard to save the damage status and seems a bit of a needless loss of realism.


Finally finished my cash/cars grinding mission so I'm moving onto finishing the Endurance Race series. Before the save capability I'd only done the first one.


200 Miles of Laguna Seca

Wedsport Lexus IS300 Race Car


Daytona 500

Sauber Mercedes


Suzuka 1000km

Skyline R32 Touring Car


4 Hrs. of Nurburgring

Audi A4 Touring Car


9 Hrs. of Tsukuba

Amuse Carbon R '04

There are a lot of fast cars here and the damage physics is getting higher. My first attempts were with the new RX-7 Touring Car and after an hour I was losing to a tuned Honda S2000 both times, probably the Amuse GT1 Turbo, but it seems even more imbalanced than usual. I took the lead quickly, but after a while the S2000 was forever on my tail. After my first pit-stop, with minimum fuel, it had shot ahead and although my time was gaining slightly, I just couldn't close any gap before my second pit. I soldiered on hoping that the Honda would make a long pit and I could catch up, but he was still a lap ahead as my tyres hit half tread so I threw in the towel.
For my final attempt I've used the Amuse Carbon R Skyline, with the big turbo, and yes it's imbalanced. The Honda is now nowhere to be seen, but I am being given similar grief by the HPA Motorsport R32 Golf, which I know not to be particularly fast but never comes in for tyres. He finally did after 65 laps, as I was already beginning to think about my third stop, but before pulling in I was over a lap ahead, meaning I took only 30 litres of fuel and got back on the track still 27 secs. ahead. A couple of pit-stops further on and I am now permanently a lap ahead, 2 hours in. Ok so it hasn't made for a pretty race, but this is not one I intend to sit through again and I don't want to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ScoobyLab + Propjam 2010/11